Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Do you sometimes read a pattern back or book and think "what the heck does that mean???".....or you come across a fabric in the shop and think "what can I use that for??".
I do...all the time...and thank goodness the clever crafty mamas at the CM forum are usually there to help me out (trust me I have asked some really silly questions..!) but in the middle of the night (and when its midnight here its about 2am in the east) when noone is around you need to turn to the oracle - the internet.
I have found some really helpful sites along the way and I wanted to share them with you.
1. Sewopaedia - sewing terminology and the language of fashion and sewing.
2. True Up - a blog dedicated to fabric
3. Only Sewing - another glossary of terms
And how about when you are trying to knit a new pattern and come across an abbreviation you dont know...check out these sites:
1. Needlepointers.com - a list of other websites that give terminology definitions and abbreviations.
2. about.com - Types of yarn and whats available on the market today.
How about embriodery stitches that pop out of the pattern at you by suprise...
1. Sharon B's Dictionary of Stitches for Hand Embroidery and Needlework - a very comprehensive guide to needlework stitches.
So there you go - I hope this collection from my 1 million bookmarks is helpful...as I know there is nothing more aggrevating than being stuck and having noone to ask !
Do you have a great link you use...share it with us..please!