Monday, July 6, 2009
School Holiday Boredom Buster - Bracelets
If you hate throwing stuff away and love wearing unique jewelry, then turning your old toothbrushes and knitting needles into bracelets is a match made in heaven.
1. Find an old toothbrush (if the bristles are really yuck pull them out) and/or old knitting needles.
2. Boil a pot of water on the stove (so kids you really need adults help to do this).
3. With a pair of tongs insert the toothbrush/needle into the boiling water for approx 5 mins.
4. Carefully remove the toothbrush/needle with tongs and using something like a dish cloth or similiar to prevent burns to your hands gently bend the toothbrush into shape or wrap around a tin to form a circular shape.
5. When you get the desired shape plunge into cold water.
6. Voila you know have a funky new bracelet!
Posted by Amanda W at 4:49 PM