Sunday, September 20, 2009



Pic: amazon.co.uk

My very good friend Tamara recently had myself and the kids around for coffee and she put out a plate for the kids which included this Muesli Slice. Jack really didn't look twice but Lainey ate three pieces! So i thought I would get the recipe from her and this morning I have made some. The recipe comes from the Family Circle Superb Slices Cookbook.


250g of butter
1 cup castor sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup coconut
1 cup half crushed corn flakes
1/2 cup slithered almonds
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
1 cup dried fruit.

Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a bowl and melt in the microwave until sugar is dissolved.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well. Pour in the butter mixture and mix well.

Out into a slice tray or use a muffin pan and put into the oven at 160 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden...if using muffin pans they take less to cook. Cool completely in the time and then pop in the fridge for 2 hours.

This morning I used golden syrup instead of honey and some different ingredients by way of dried fruit etc as I didn't have everything listed. This is one of those recipes you can pretty much use anything I think!!

I will let you know if I have managed to recreate the magic for Lainey!

No comments:

Post a Comment