Sorry for the break between profiles - but getting back into the school and life routine has been busy!!!
Getting To Know You - Mandy
1. What is your name and what do we call you at Crafty Mamas?
Amanda, I’m known at Crafty Mamas as Mandy or Mum of Eight.
2. How long have you been around Crafty Mama and how did you find us?
I joined up in 2008, but it took me a while to pluck up the courage to join in. But I can be found here most days. I found Crafty Mamas after searching the internet for something I needed for my sewing room.
3. What makes you a Crafty Mama – ie what is your activity(s) of choice?
I love to make clothes so sewing is my craft of choice although I have done a bit of quilting and I will try anything once. My favourite thing so far is the wedding dress I made for a friend.
4. Some people collect fabrics, others patterns…what’s you addiction in the crafting sense.
I’m glad you’re not asking my Hubby this question.. I have patterns, fabric and lots of sewing gadgets. So you could say I collect it all.
5. What’s your creative space like?
My sewing corner is organised chaos. My husband and kids fixed up a corner in his work shed so that I could have somewhere of my own to create, but it has slowly spread from there to the house also. So I’m all over the place now.
6. What’s your favourite crafty tool ?..ie your machines and why?
This is a really hard question my machines I think are my favourite tools in my sewing room as they allow me to try lots of different things. With my machines I can do pretty much anything.
7. Tell us about the most dedicated act of crafting you have performed ie sewed all night, drove 2 days for a craft show…something bordering on silly!
Just recently I spent all day until about 1.30 in the morning sewing school bags for my kids, and when I was eight months pregnant with my last baby I travelled to Canberra with a group of Craft crazy women on a bus to spend the day walking around the Craft and Quilting Show, loved it. Wore me out for a few days.
8. Do you have a blog/website/business/etsy/madeit you would like to plug?
I have a store on madeit, www.madeit.com.au/madebymandy
9. If you were stuck on a desert island and had the choice of three things to take what would you take (doesn’t have to be crafty)?
Mp3 player full of music and books, chocolate and family
10. OK – some one word answers to wrap up:
•Diamonds or Pearls? Pearls
•Coffee or tea? Neither
•Sweet or savoury? Sweet
•Night owl or early bird? Both
•Left or right handed? Right